Learn note values (whole note, half note, quarter note…) the fun way with Music Notes In Space HN. This video game makes it easy to learn and remember what shape of music note corresponds to what relative value as well as the ratio of any note value to any other: 1 whole note = 2 half notes or 4 quarter notes, 1 half note = 2 quarter notes.
Learn Note Values with a Video Game
- For you to score, the duration indicated by the spaceship (whole note, half note, quarter note) must match the value of the music note you’re shooting at
- When you hit a whole note, it splits into 2 half notes; when you hit a half note, it splits into 2 quarter notes
- When 2 quarter notes collide with each other, they turn into 1 half note. When 2 half notes collide with each other, they turn into 1 whole note.
- At the start of each game, you must answer a multiple choice mini-quiz on music notes value. Your answer will determine how many lives you start the game with.
- You have the option to have the game display or not the value of each music note you hit.
A Customizable Game for Players of any Age
- Three levels of difficulty: BEGINNER- ADVANCED- EXPERT
- For young children, you can start a game with a bonus points (click on the Score)
- Optional meteors can destroy your spaceship, but you can shoot them and win Lives with comets