The Waltz No. 7 in C-Sharp Minor is the second work of Frédéric Chopin’s opus 64 and the companion to the Minute Waltz (Op. 64, No 1). It was composed in 1847 and have three themes with different speeds.
Written in October 1849 in response to the crushing of the Hungarian Revolution of 1848 by the Habsburgs, Funérailles is the 7th and one of the most famous pieces in Harmonies poétiques et religieuses (Poetic and Religious Harmonies).
The Piano Sonata in B minor is a sonata for solo piano by Franz Liszt. It was completed in 1853 and published in 1854 with a dedication to Robert Schumann in return for his dedication of his Fantasie in C major, Op. 17 (published 1839) to Liszt.
Ballade No. 1 in G minor, Op. 23, dates to sketches Chopin made in 1831 during his eight-month stay in Vienna. It was completed in 1835 after his move to Paris, where he dedicated it to Baron Nathaniel von Stockhausen, the Hanoverian ambassador to France.
Franz Schubert composed a number of works known as Ständchen (serenade). Franz Liszt’s transcription for piano solo is the fourth lied from Schwanengesang, a collection of songs written by Schubert at the end of his life and published posthumously.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Piano Sonata No. 10 in C major, K. 330 / 300h, is one of the three works in the cycle of piano sonatas K.330-331-332. The work is one of Mozart’s most popular piano sonatas.
Beethoven’s Piano Sonata No 21 in C major, Op. 53, known as the Waldstein, is one of the three most notable sonatas of his middle period (the other two being the Appassionata, Op. 57, and Les Adieux, Op. 81a).
Kinderszenen (Scenes from Childhood), Op. 15, by Robert Schumann, is a set of thirteen pieces of music for piano written in 1838. Schumann wrote 30 movements for this work but chose 13 for the final version.
Étude Op. 10 No. 5 in G-Flat Major, is known as the “Black Key Étude” as, except for one note, its right-hand part is entirely on black keys.
Chopin’s Ballade No. 4 in F Minor, Op. 52, was composed in 1842 in Paris and Nohant and revised in 1843. The work was dedicated to Baroness Rothschild, wife of Nathaniel de Rothschild.