Beethoven’s Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major, Op. 58, was composed in 1805–1806. Ludwig van Beethoven dedicated the concerto to his friend, student, and patron, the Archduke Rudolph.It was premiered in March 1807 at a private concert of the home of Prince Franz Joseph von Lobkowitz. The Coriolan Overture and the Fourth Symphony were premiered in that same concert. However, the public premiere was not until a concert on 22 December 1808 at Vienna’s Theater an der Wien. Beethoven again took the stage as soloist.