The Piano Concerto No. 2 in B-Flat Major, Op. 83, by Johannes Brahms is separated by a gap of 22 years from his first piano concerto. Brahms began work on the piece in 1878 and completed it in 1881 while in Pressbaum near Vienna.
The Piano Concerto in A Minor, Op. 54, was completed in the year 1845 and is the only piano concerto written by Robert Schumann who had earlier worked on several piano concerti who were never completed.
The Piano Concerto No 5 by Beethoven, popularly known as the Emperor Concerto, was his last completed piano concerto. It was written between 1809 and 1811 in Vienna, and was dedicated to Archduke Rudolf, Beethoven’s patron and pupil.
Chopin’s Piano Sonata No. 2 in B-Flat Minor, Op. 35, is a piano sonata in four movements. Frédéric Chopin completed the work while living in George Sand’s manor in Nohant, some 250 km (160 mi) south of Paris, a year before it was published in 1840.
Kreisleriana, Op. 16, is a composition in eight movements by Robert Schumann for solo piano, subtitled Phantasien für das Pianoforte. It was written in only four days in April 1838 and a revised version appeared in 1850.
Jeux d’eau is a piece in E Major for solo piano by Maurice Ravel. The title is often translated as “Fountains”, “Playing water” or literally “Water Games”.
The Chaconne in D Minor from Johann Sebastian Bach is the fifth and last movement of its Partita No 2 in D minor for solo violin (BWV 1004), written between 1717 and 1720.
Clair de Lune (Moonlight) in D-Flat Major is the third and most famous movement from Claude Debussy’s Suite bergamasque. Its name comes from Verlaine’s poem “Clair de lune”, which means “moonlight” in French.
The Piano Sonata in B minor is a sonata for solo piano by Franz Liszt. It was completed in 1853 and published in 1854 with a dedication to Robert Schumann in return for his dedication of his Fantasie in C major, Op. 17 (published 1839) to Liszt.
The Piano Concerto No. 20 in D Minor, K. 466, was composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in 1785. The first performance took place at the Mehlgrube Casino in Vienna on 11 February 1785, with Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart as the soloist.