The Piano Quintet by Robert Schumann was composed in 1842 and received its first public performance the following year. Noted for its “extroverted, exuberant” character, Schumann’s piano quintet is considered one of his finest compositions.
Rachmaninoff’s Sonata for Cello and Piano in G Minor, Op. 19 was completed in November 1901 and published a year later. Sergei Rachmaninoff regarded the role of the piano as not just an accompaniment but equal to the cello.
Introduction and Polonaise brillante in C Major, Op. 3, is a composition for cello and piano by Frédéric Chopin. It was one of Chopin’s first published compositions.
Trio No. 2 in C Minor, Op. 66 was composed by Felix Mendelssohn in 1845 and published in February 1846. The work is scored for a standard piano trio consisting of violin, cello and piano.
Edvard Grieg composed the Cello Sonata in 1882–83, marking a return to composition following a period when he had been preoccupied with his conducting duties at the Bergen Symphony Orchestra as well as illness.
The Piano Quintet in F minor, Op. 34, by Johannes Brahms was completed during the summer of 1864 and published in 1865. It was dedicated to Her Royal Highness Princess Anna of Hesse.
The Trout Quintet (Forellenquintett) is the popular name for the Piano Quintet in A major, D. 667, by Franz Schubert. The piano quintet was composed in 1819, when he was 22 years old; it was not published, however, until 1829, a year after his death.
The Piano Quintet by Robert Schumann was composed in 1842 and received its first public performance the following year. It is considered one of his finest compositions and a major work of nineteenth-century chamber music.
Antonín Dvořák’s Piano Quintet No. 2 in A Major is a quintet for piano, 2 violins, viola, and cello. It was composed between August 18 and October 8, 1887, and was premiered in Prague on January 6, 1888.
Ludwig van Beethoven’s Concerto for Violin, Cello, and Piano in C major, Op. 56, more commonly known as the Triple Concerto, was composed in 1803 and later published in 1804 under Breitkopf & Härtel.